Skip to content

AWAL First: Week of March 26th


We have incredible artists releasing tons of new music each week, some of which claim a spot on our AWAL First playlist — a playlist dedicated to featuring some of the top-performing tracks in the AWAL catalogue for the week based on playlist adds, streams, and listeners.

This week we’ll be taking a closer look at the newest artists added to AWAL First Playlist, covering new music through AWAL from SHY Martin, Timeflies, and Jesse McCartney.

1. Bad in Common — SHY Martin

In its first weekend of release, “Bad in Common” earned more than 486,000 streams from over 346,000 listeners.

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 1.41.36 PM

“Bad in Common” was added to 19 New Music Friday playlists around the world, along with Spotify’s Hits Don’t Lie in Norway and Get Your Hits Together in Sweden.

AWAL Insights™: The United States and SHY Martin’s native Sweden are nearly tied for most streams over “Bad in Common’s” debut weekend with 23% and 22% respectively.

2. Be Easy — Timeflies

Timeflies’ “Be Easy” racked up over 313,000 streams from more than 193,000 listeners over its release weekend.

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 1.35.14 PM

“Be Easy” was added to five New Music Fridays along with Apple Music’s EDM New Releases.

AWAL Insights™: 41% of “Be Easy’s” Spotify streams came from playlists alone.

3. Better with You — Jesse McCartney

“Better with You” earned upwards of 276,000 streams from over 68,000 listeners in its debut weekend.

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-28 at 1.27.32 PM

“Better with You” scored placement on Spotify’s Hits Banget, Mager Parah, and Apple Music’s Best of the Week.

AWAL Insights™: A whopping 73% of “Better with You’s” listeners were female; the remaining 27% were male.


Stay on top of all the latest trends in the industry by subscribing to the AWAL Weekly. We’ll shoot posts straight to your inbox every Tuesday!