Skip to content

AWAL First: Week of March 19th


We have incredible artists releasing tons of new music each week, some of which claim a spot on our AWAL First playlist — a playlist dedicated to featuring some of the top-performing tracks in the AWAL catalogue for the week based on playlist adds, streams, and listeners.

This week we’ll be taking a closer look at the newest artists added to AWAL First Playlist, covering new music through AWAL from Dana Vaughns, Kate Nash, and Sophia Nash feat. Kyle.

1. Underneath — Dana Vaughns

Dana Vaughns’ “Underneath” had a huge first weekend of release, earning upwards of 191,000 streams from over 133,000 listeners.

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-26 at 10.56.45 AM

In addition to 10 New Music Friday playlists around the world, “Underneath” was added to Spotify UK’s Easy and Lele Pons’ Top 20 — which has over 200,000 followers.

AWAL Insights™: 54% of “Underneath’s” streams came from female listeners — the remaining 46% were from men.

2. Life in Pink — Kate Nash

Kate Nash’s “Life in Pink” earned over 94,000 streams from more than 70,000 listeners over its debut weekend.

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 3.07.27 PM

“Life in Pink” was added to 10 New Music Fridays, Apple’s Best of the Week, Spotify’s Indie Radar in Germany and more.

AWAL Insights™: 75% of all of “Life in Pink’s” Spotify streams came directly from playlists.

3. Real Shit — Sophia Black feat. Kyle

“Real Shit” earned upwards of 72,000 streams from over 60,000 listeners in its debut weekend.

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-21 at 3.21.40 PM

“Real Shit” scored two New Music Friday adds in both the United States and Canada.

AWAL Insights™: 86% of “Real Shit’s” streams came from the United States, and its top cities were New York and Los Angeles, followed by San Francisco and Chicago.


Stay on top of all the latest trends in the industry by subscribing to the AWAL Weekly. We’ll shoot posts straight to your inbox every Tuesday!