Skip to content

AWAL First: Week of March 12th


We have incredible artists releasing tons of new music each week, some of which claim a spot on our AWAL First playlist — a playlist dedicated to featuring some of the top-performing tracks in the AWAL catalogue for the week based on playlist adds, streams, and listeners.

This week we’ll be taking a closer look at the newest artists added to AWAL First Playlist, covering new music through AWAL from CXLOE, Hugo Helmig, and Betty Who.

1. Monster — CXLOE

CXLOE’s “Monster” had a massive debut weekend, earning an upwards of 205,000 streams from over 150,000 listeners.

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.15.37 PM

In addition to 10 adds on New Music Friday playlists around the world, “Monster” was also included on Apple Music’s Best of the Week, Spotify US’ Singled Out and Spotify Australia’s Get Popped among others.

AWAL Insights™: The US has a slight edge over CXLOE’s native Australia with 34% of all streams from Spotify and Apple Music. Australia has 33%.

2. Times of War — Hugo Helmig

“Times of War” by Hugo Helmig had a smashing first weekend of release with over 191,000 streams from more than 113,000 listeners. 

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.33.16 PM

In addition to adds on five New Music Friday playlists around the world, “Times of War” was added to multiple other playlists, including some popular ones from Helmig’s native Denmark, including Hot Hits DK, De nye, and Chilled Vibes.

AWAL Insights™: 56% of Hugo Helmig’s Spotify and Apple Music listeners are female, while the remaining 44% are male.

3. Look Back — Betty Who

In its first weekend of release, Betty Who’s “Look Back” earned more than 178,000 streams from over 106,000 listeners.

Major Playlist Adds

Screen Shot 2018-03-15 at 12.46.39 PMAlong with 11 New Music Friday playlist adds, “Look Back” was added to Apple Music’s Breaking: Pop, Spotify Australia’s New Pop Sounds, and more.

AWAL Insights™: New York is Betty Who’s most popular US city. In second place is Chicago!


Stay on top of all the latest trends in the industry by subscribing to the AWAL Weekly. We’ll shoot posts straight to your inbox every Tuesday!