Skip to content

AWAL First: Week of Feb 19th


We have incredible artists releasing tons of new music each week, some of which claim a spot on our AWAL First playlist — a playlist dedicated to featuring some of the top-performing tracks in the AWAL catalogue for the week based on playlist adds, streams, and listeners.

This week we’ll be taking a closer look at the newest artists added to AWAL First Playlist, covering new music through AWAL from 3LAU feat. Carly Paige, Bonnie McKee, and The Wldlfe.

1. Touch — 3LAU feat. Carly Paige

In its first weekend of release, “Touch” racked up a massive 584,000 streams from over 290,000 listeners.

Major Playlist Adds

AWAL First: Week of Feb 19th

“Touch” was added to six New Music Friday playlists around the world. 3LAU also was featured as the cover of Spotify’s popular mint playlist!

AWAL Insights™: The majority of “Touch’s” streams came from the United States. The two most popular cities were almost tied in numbers — New York was on top with 37,000 streams, and Los Angeles came in second with 34,000.

2. Sleepwalker — Bonnie McKee

“Sleepwalker” earned over 129,000 streams from more than 96,000 listeners over its debut weekend.

Major Playlist Adds
AWAL First: Week of Feb 19th

Bonnie McKee’s “Sleepwalker” was added to the US New Music Friday playlists, along with genre-based playlists like Cardio and Pop IRL.

AWAL Insights™: 55% of all streams of “Sleepwalker” came from women, while the fellas accounted for the remaining 45%.

3. I Don’t Mind by the Wldlfe

“I Don’t Mind” by the Wldlfe earned more than 98,000 streams from over 72,000 listeners in its debut weekend.

Major Playlist Adds
AWAL First: Week of Feb 19th

Along with a New Music Friday add in the US, “I Don’t Mind” was also added to Apple Music’s New Music Friday: The Popjustice Edit and several user-curated playlists.

AWAL Insights™: On Spotify, 73% of “I Don’t Mind’s” streams came from playlists alone.

Stay on top of all the latest trends in the industry by subscribing to the AWAL Weekly. We’ll shoot posts straight to your inbox every Tuesday!